Ellendale Environmental is recruiting a Senior Ecologist.
We are currently seeking an experienced Ecologist / Senior Ecologist to help us grow our Edinburgh based team. As part of your role you will provide a significant contribution to delivering projects for our clients throughout the UK and developing the company profile.
Are you enthusiastic, positive and confident, comfortable meeting clients, completing habitat assessments, preparing bids, surveying for protected species and writing reports?
Ellendale Environmental offers ecological advice and assessment on development projects from barn conversions to major infrastructure projects, great crested newts surveys to golden eagle surveys and everything in between!
- Ability to develop and take responsibility for client relationships and building business links.
- Commercial awareness and an understanding of the of bidding and job winning process.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Proven experience in managing and undertaking habitat surveys and protected species surveys, with excellent identification skills.
- Excellent report writing and review skills.
- Hold protected species licences and have experience in preparing licence applications.
- Experience in the design, specification and site implementation of ecological mitigation.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of ecological legislation and current best practice / policy.
- Good presentation and training skills.
- Knowledge of habitat creation and management techniques
- Honours degree in ecology or biology or other relevant discipline or equivalent
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
- A minimum of three years' experience in the provision of ecological advice in the consultancy sector.
- A valid UK driving licence is essential.
Why Ellendale Environmental?
Ellendale Environmental is a young dynamic consultancy. We passionately believe in what we do, providing our clients with the best possible advice for their project and working with them through the planning process.
You will be joining a highly motivated team who will motivate you to improve and perform at your very best, in a professional but fun environment.
Send CV’s to Info@ellendale-environmental.co.uk